Visit the Official WinCatherine Website

Friday, December 4, 2009

Speaking Out

I spoke with Catherine on Monday after she returned home from Nyeri and I asked her how the half marathon went. She said it went well but that she was very disappointed that the turnout this year was much smaller than in years past. She noted that there were several other races too close to this one which prevented many athletes from competing there. She was interviewed after the race and she called on AK (Athletics Kenya, the governing body for track and field in Kenya) to do something about spreading out the events so they don't occur so close to one another. I don't know that she expected the reply that came from AK head Isiah Kiplagat today (read article). I will be sure to ask her thoughts on that the next time I speak with her! I can't wait to see the footage our crew filmed there!


You can see some of her television interview here: (love her new hairdo!) Catherine Ndereba @ Nyeri Half Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!